Last updated 7/29/2020
The following information outlines the personal information we collect, how we use that information, and your rights and choices. The SubmitArts service is currently offered to organizations setting up Call for Entries events in the United States.
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect certain information from you. Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with the products and services available throughout our site, to communicate with you, and to manage your account, if you have one. Users may update their personal information at any time by logging into their online account.
• Information that you provide: In order to establish your account, participate in art calls, you might be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number, avatar image or photo. In order to receive more relevant services and information from SubmitArts, you may be asked for information regarding your art related areas of interest and expertise. Information you enter as a participant of a submission event may be shared with the organization sponsoring the event. If a SubmitArts event features "Juror Quotes" with your approval, your work may be featured in the context of a Juror comment.
Facebook. Facebook's cookies allow you to log in to your Facebook profile and 'Like' or share our pages. Find out more about the Facebook Data Use Policy HERE.
Twitter. Twitter's cookies allow you to log in to your Twitter profile and 'Like' or “share” our pages. Find out more about the Facebook Data Use Policy HERE.
PayPal. PayPal's cookies allow you to log in to your PayPal account to authorize order-requests, memberships and other SubmitArts transactions. Find out more about the PayPal’s Data Use Policy please visit the PayPal site.
MailGun. We use MailGun to deliver information to our users and subscribers via email. Find out more about the MailGun Data Use Policy HERE.
• Advertising Servers: We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies. Nor do we sell, exchange or rent your data to third parties.
• User communications: When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
• Log information: When you access our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Also, in order to protect you from fraud, phishing, and other misconduct, we may collect information about your interaction with our services. Any such information we collect will only be used to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct.
• Links: We might provide links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Your personally identifiable information will not be sold to a third party. We may share your information as follows:
• We share your personal information and the content you upload to a submission event managed by SubmitArts with the organization hosting such event and the jurors, staff and users they designate to run the submission event.
• With your consent when we feature your content in a Juror Quote, and other areas of SubmitArts that identify your content or showcase it.
• We share your personal information with your consent when we feature your content in a Juror Quote, and other areas of SubmitArts that identify your content or showcase it.
• When we have your consent. This will require you to opt-in before we can share any sensitive personal information or send us written notice by email or other means of your acceptance.
• With companies who work on our behalf. From time to time, we contract with certain trusted third party companies to support business functions on our behalf and provide services to us. These can include, without limitation, order processing, maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services.
• With another office and/or affiliate of ours for purposes of service support, maintenance, or protection.
• With government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Personal information for non-active accounts will be retained for the purpose of complying with record keeping regulations in the jurisdictions we operate in. We have a legal obligation to see that your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to privacy "at" kodexio "dot" com. Your personal information will be retained in our system unless you specifically request its deletion.
The Site is not directed to persons under 18.
If you are based in the EU or EEA and interact with us, the processing of your personal data (or personal information) may fall under the General Data Protection Regulation. This depends on whether your personal data is processed in the context of us providing you services or monitoring your behavior. All the information above is applicable to you as well. In addition:
Know that we are controller of the processing of personal data in relation to conducting our activity. We process your personal data:
You have the right to obtain access, rectification, erasure, restriction of personal data, portability of personal data and to object to the processing, under the conditions and restrictions laid out in Chapter III of the GDPR. You can also withdraw your consent at any time, when processing is based on consent, as described above. Just send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with any request you may have regarding these rights.
We transfer your personal data to the United States whenever you interact with us. The US has not sought, nor obtained adequacy status from the European Union. The EU-US Privacy Shield framework obtained an adequacy decision. The level of protection of your personal data is not deemed equivalent to the one in the EU, unless the receiving organization is self-certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. As a not-for-profit organization, we are not able to adhere to the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles.
We transfer your personal data on the basis of the derogations in Article 49 GDPR, particularly:
As for safeguards to your personal data, we directly apply the GDPR provisions to your personal data.
As a matter of principle, we do not engage in any onward transfers regarding your data, beyond the access that our processors have to your data. Exceptionally, we share personal data with our partners when we organize events jointly. We select carefully our processors and our partners, having regard to their stance related to privacy, to their adherence to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or their implementation of other mechanisms that ensure lawful transfers of personal data from the EU.
If you have concerns, questions or requests about how we process personal data, write to us at privacy "at" kodexio "dot" com. If we will not be able to ease your concerns, you can address them to the data protection Supervisory Authority in your country, pursuant to Article 77 GDPR.
info "at" submitarts "dot" com
533 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101